What is EVA?
Elk Velvet Antler (EVA) is the blood and nutrient-rich substance that forms an Elk’s antler structure. EVA is a rich source of bioactive compounds including glucosamine, collagen, chondroitin sulfate, amino and fatty acids, growth factors, and minerals including calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
EVA has long been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to support mobility, joint health, muscle strength, energy levels, and healing. Its benefits have been explored in more than 250 studies worldwide.
Naturally grown and shed each year, our EVA is humanely harvested in the velvet stage when it holds the most active ingredients. The whole antler is then freeze-dried to preserve maximum biological activity and ground into powder for medicinal use.
EVA has numerous benefits for both humans and animals:
- Joint pain relief
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased strength and endurance
- Improved mobility and stamina
- Reduced oxidative stress
- Boosted immune health
- Increased cartilage and muscle repair
- Improved blood circulation and alertness
The QEVA 10 Step Assurance Program
QEVA stands for Quality Elk Velvet Antler— our promise to you and your pets. Crafted from free-roaming animals raised without hormones or animal product feed, our premium elk velvet antler products are the best you can get.
We ensure the highest standards on the market and safeguard product quality with our 10-step assurance program:
1. QEVA products contain only velvet antler harvested from male elk raised on the Canadian Rocky Mountain Ranch and/or trusted partner ranches. The elk graze year round in large pastures and are handled minimally. Their feed is all-natural and free of hormones, antibiotics, or animal by-products.
2. All elk are regularly tested and monitored for tuberculosis and chronic wasting disease. They are not under any restriction for sale of velvet antler by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
3. Antler is harvested in the velvet stage at the time of highest biological activity. This is determined by measuring the dry-down percentage of antlers after drying. Only antlers which fall below 36% dry-down are used.
4. Only whole antlers, of which no more than 30% may be from two and three year old animals, are used. This ensures a consistent, high potency product.
5. Our on-farm food safety program requires that all harvested velvet antlers meet food-grade standards. No chemicals or drugs are used for restraint or removal.
6. Velvet antlers are humanely harvested by a certified handler using the Alberta Elk Association and veterinary approved procedures.
7. All velvet antler is freeze-dried to 98% dry matter basis. This prevents damage from heat and fully preserves biological activity to ensure maximum potency and shelf life.
8. We promise complete traceability of QEVA products from the consumer back to individual animals. This is possible through individual animal identification, tamper-proof identification of harvested antlers, recording of the antlers used in each batch, and maintenance of product recall records for all sales.
9. QEVA products are only processed under Good Manufacturing Practices and carry GMP seal, or they are processed in an inspected facility.
10. QEVA products are shrink wrapped and sealed to provide tamper-proof packaging and consumer protection.